Users will be seeing red.
IBM has patented an eyewear technology bearing similarity to Google Glass that includes night-vision capabilities, The Economic Times writes, citing a report from the International Business Times. The article says that the device doesn’t promise true night vision, instead tricking the brain to focus on high-contrast imagery, thus improving vision under low light. "IBM's Google Glass modifications include a sensor and 'a comparator device' designed to detect and contrast light intensity. When the light intensity drops below a set level, a pair of projectors – one for each eye – bathe the user's eyes in red light,” the IBT report said.Read more at The Economic Times
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs
- University Considers Adding Optometry Program
- Competitor Drops Challenge to Kering Eyewear's 'Made in Italy' Labeling