Users will be seeing red.
IBM has patented an eyewear technology bearing similarity to Google Glass that includes night-vision capabilities, The Economic Times writes, citing a report from the International Business Times. The article says that the device doesn’t promise true night vision, instead tricking the brain to focus on high-contrast imagery, thus improving vision under low light. "IBM's Google Glass modifications include a sensor and 'a comparator device' designed to detect and contrast light intensity. When the light intensity drops below a set level, a pair of projectors – one for each eye – bathe the user's eyes in red light,” the IBT report said.Read more at The Economic Times
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says