Surprise: women want to try their glasses on before buying.
An online eyeglass retailer specializing in glasses for women has shuttered after 16 months in business, in part because the company’s home try-on option proved too costly. “Women want to try frames on before purchasing, but it’s an expensive marketing program to ship frames back and forth,” explained an executive of Rivet & Sway, which started up with considerable fanfare and $2 million in crowd-funding.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says