Surprise: women want to try their glasses on before buying.
An online eyeglass retailer specializing in glasses for women has shuttered after 16 months in business, in part because the company’s home try-on option proved too costly. “Women want to try frames on before purchasing, but it’s an expensive marketing program to ship frames back and forth,” explained an executive of Rivet & Sway, which started up with considerable fanfare and $2 million in crowd-funding.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder