Eyewear maker to hire 128 people for facility where lens finishing will be performed.
Warby Parker will open a new 34,000-square-foot optical lab in Sloatsburg, NY and create 128 jobs there during the next five years, the LoHud Journal News reports. The article says that the eyewear maker is converting an existing building into a $15 million lab, which will be used mainly for lens finishing. U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer said he worked with Warby Parker over the past few months and that Sloatsburg was competing with another site in Pennsylvania for the project. Warby Parker will receive up to $1.32 million in tax credits through New York’s economic development agency.Read more at the LoHud Journal News
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Yet Another Reason to Make Your Kid Put Down the Smartphone and Go Play Outside
- With This Sculpture, New Eyecare Practice Will Be Impossible to Overlook
- Vision West's Support for Optometry Group Tops $12.4M
- ABB Optical Group Offers Free Scleral Lens Education
- Woman Claims She Was Blinded by Cosmetic Contact Lenses