Up to 30 states have considered such legislation.
Louisiana has become the third state where optometrists can perform eye surgery. After months of sometimes heated debate, Gov. Bobby Jindal signed into law a bill allowing optometrists to perform laser and lid surgery, following Oklahoma and Kentucky. Up to 30 states have mulled similar legislation in recent years.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says