Up to 30 states have considered such legislation.
Louisiana has become the third state where optometrists can perform eye surgery. After months of sometimes heated debate, Gov. Bobby Jindal signed into law a bill allowing optometrists to perform laser and lid surgery, following Oklahoma and Kentucky. Up to 30 states have mulled similar legislation in recent years.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners