2020 On-site Optometry delivers exams and other services via mobile vision centers.
Boston-based startup 2020 On-site Optometry – which delivers vision care services to offices and schools via its mobile vision centers – has raised an additional $3 million from a group of venture capitalists and other investors, the company announced. To date, the startup has hauled in a total of $7.9 million.
Andrew Balson, CEO of Match Beyond, is among the company’s investors. “2020 has solved a problem for companies and their employees by providing high-quality optometry in a convenient and low-cost setting,” he says. “We will see more MVCs parked at companies and more eyes cared for as the 2020 team grows their presence. This is investing in a company that will do well by doing good.”
With 26 employees, 2020 On-site Optometry currently operates in Boston and Atlanta and has plans to launch in Chicago this fall.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says