Venture capital firm makes a big bet on a different business model.
A venture capital firm has poured $49 million into Brillen.de, an online eyewear company based in Germany, to expand into new international markets, TechCrunch reports. The article explains how Brillen has built its business differently from other disruptive online companies, primarily focusing on selling progressive lenses and working with a network of independent and local opticians – as opposed to trying to put them out of business. In addition to developing the frames, Brillen also provides all the billing and customer management services for each buyer.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners