Venture capital firm makes a big bet on a different business model.
A venture capital firm has poured $49 million into Brillen.de, an online eyewear company based in Germany, to expand into new international markets, TechCrunch reports. The article explains how Brillen has built its business differently from other disruptive online companies, primarily focusing on selling progressive lenses and working with a network of independent and local opticians – as opposed to trying to put them out of business. In addition to developing the frames, Brillen also provides all the billing and customer management services for each buyer.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder