Affordable shades have gained traction in Hollywood circles.
In 2008, Adam Moyer was running his Knockaround sunglass company out of a one-car garage, but he’s since transformed it into a $5 million business that has gotten the attention of a few A-list celebrities, The Bulletin writes. The article explains that while the brand was still in the garage, it got a big boost after being featured on the “Today” show. Moyer soon moved his company into an office, and in 2013, relocated to its current office and warehouse that spans 12,000 square feet while recording $5.7 million in revenue that year.
he article adds that Knockaround sunglasses have been spotted on the likes of Natalie Portman, Matthew McConaughey, Snoop Dogg, Jessica Alba and Ashton Kutcher. The brand’s best-selling models are priced between $10 and $30.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs