Co-founder Neil Blumenthal is on the lookout for cities with creative classes.
Warby Parker has opened its first international store in Toronto, Canada, Bloomberg reports. Co-founder Neil Blumenthal appears in the video report at the link below and explained why his company chose Toronto for its first store beyond U.S. borders.
“We’re very much a New York-based brand, and we found a ton of similarities between New York and Toronto in terms of [them being] densely populated, cosmopolitan, cultured, diverse cities,” he says. “We’re a brand that flourishes when there’s a large creative community, and we found that here in Toronto. Not to mention that we have a handful of Toronto employees in our New York office.”
In the rest of the 5-minute, 23-second video, Blumenthal discusses Warby Parker’s business model and how it came to achieve the success it has since launching in 2010.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says