Complaint alleges 15 online sellers colluded to make price comparisons tougher.
The Federal Trade Commission has filed a complaint against 1-800-CONTACTS, claiming the company made anticompetitive agreements with other online contact lens retailers, Reuters reports. According to the article, 14 retailers agreed not to advertise to customers who had searched for 1-800-CONTACTS, and the firm likewise agreed not to advertise to customers who searched for rival companies. "1-800 Contacts has aggressively policed the bidding agreements, complaining to competitors when the company has suspected a violation, threatening further litigation, and demanding compliance," the complaint says.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners