Developer foresees a thoroughly immersive sci-fi future for popular game.
What could get Pokemon Go fans even more deeply immersed in the wildly popular smartphone game? Contact lenses. So says DailyMail.com, quoting John Hanke, chief executive of Niantic Labs, which created the game. According to the article, Hanke told a Los Angeles gaming conference that smart glasses and eventually contact lenses could one day project augmented-reality images of Pokemon Go characters, so that players wouldn't have to hold up their phones. "The step could further blur the game into reality as players would see characters, gyms and Poké Stops as if they were in the real world," the article reports.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'
- Eyecare Software Firm Gets $45M from Investors
- Man Loses an Eye in Cautionary Tale for Patients with Contact Lenses