Kata Eyewear will relaunch in 2017.
(PRESS RELEASE) WESTBURY, NY – Design Gallery, the luxury division of Match Eyewear, has acquired the Kata eyewear brand, adding to its portfolio of exclusive eyewear collections.
Match assumed ownership of the brand as well its associated patents, including Kata’s M1 and Reverse hinge technology, from B. Robinson.
“As we continue to grow the stable of brands for our upscale division, we are extremely proud to be able to bring this iconic brand to the next phase of its evolution” said Ethan Goodman, president of Match Eyewear.
Goodman said Kata will join the Design Gallery Division of Match Eyewear and will complement the Vanni Occhiali and Judith Leiber Couture brands.
The relaunch of Kata Eyewear will make its debut in 2017 for the U.S., Canadian and European markets. Subsequently it will be introduced worldwide.
The initial release will focus on men, with both ophthalmic and sunglass collections. The company is looking to make innovative use of the hinge technology to provide unique features for men.
“Our sourcing and design teams in both Japan and Italy are already at work and development is underway,” Goodman said.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners