They’ll hit the market in the fall.
Snapchat will soon begin selling sunglasses with a built-in camera capable of recording video, the Wall Street Journal reports.
They’ll be called Spectacles and will allow wearers to share videos using the popular Snapchat app.
Available in teal, coral or black, the glasses will carry a price tag of $130. The Journal reports that they’ll hit the market “in limited quantities.”
The sunglasses, which are one-size-fits-all, have a button located close to the hinge. Users press it to begin recording through the camera’s 115-degree-angle lens.
The videos can last up to 10 seconds.
A light on the glasses lets people nearby know that a Spectacles wearer is recording.
As it announced the product, the company also said it had changed its corporate name to Snap Inc.
Read more at the Wall Street Journal
PICTURED ABOVE: Snapchat, now called Snap Inc., has unveiled a new pair of sunglasses called Spectacles.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says