Rx Optical has started work on a new headquarters building in Michigan.
The company has over 50 retail locations.Rx Optical, an eyecare company based in Michigan, has broken ground on a new headquarters expected to cost $6 million.
The building in Kalamazoo will “provide us the platform to grow our retail locations for the next 20 years,” said George Jepson, vice president of marketing for the company, according to the Grand Rapids Business Journal.
Rx Optical has over 50 retail locations in Michigan and Indiana. It also operates its own laboratory.
The new headquarters, expected to open in July 2017, will consist of 22,000 square feet. It will house corporate functions including billing and training, according to the Business Journal. The new headquarters and another recent expansion by the company in Kalamazoo total $9 million, the newspaper reports. Rx Optical plans to hire more than 20 people as part of the growth.
Read more at the Grand Rapids Business Journal
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners