Check out the full top 10 lists.
A ranking from VSP Vision Care identifies the top 10 — and the bottom 10 — “eye-healthy cities” in the U.S.
The Eye Health Index examines “which cities are the most focused on maintaining their eye health by getting annual eye exams.” It’s based on VSP claims from more than 100 U.S. metropolitan areas.
Reno, NV, tops the 2016 index as the nation's most eye-healthy city. Cleveland, OH, ranks as the nation's least eye-healthy city.
Scroll down to see the full top-10 lists, along with other findings from the research.
"An annual eye exam should be a part of everyone's overall healthcare routine, not only to keep their vision healthy, but also to leverage its proven preventative health benefits," said Kate Renwick-Espinosa, president of VSP Vision Care. "Your eye doctor is often the first to spot signs of chronic conditions, including diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol.”
Read more at VSP Vision Care
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- WestGroupe USA Names Sales Director for Central Region
- Eyewear Firm Claims Infringement by Christian Dior, Céline, LVMH
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'