It’s not just you.
This product might have a chance.
The shadow of the “cyborg-evoking” Google Glass looms over the world of digital eyewear, but it’s possible that Snap Inc.’s Spectacles could carve out a viable niche, Fast Company reports.
The glasses capture short video clips that can be shared through the Snapchat app, and one point in their favor is their consumer-friendly price of $130, according to the publication.
Beyond that, they aren’t as geeky-looking as Google Glass, although Fast Company does note that they’re “not fashionable,” either.
Additionally, their purpose is straightforward and the product doesn’t serve as “a platform for other companies’ apps.” They don’t seek to be an all-day, all-around product — they’re for use at certain times and places, more like a GoPro camera.
And it certainly doesn’t hurt that the Snapchat app already has a base of 100 million users.
Read more at Fast Company
Can Snap Inc.’s Spectacles overcome the “nerd factor”?
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder