It has collaborated with the Los Angeles Lakers and other big names.Spain-based startup company Saldum Ventures has raised $56 million to support the growth of its sunglasses firm, Hawkers Co., TechCrunch reports.
Hawkers launched two years ago and aspires to compete with some of the best-known brands in the industry.
Hawkers “focuses on one style and brings variation in by way of a seemingly endless combination of lens and frame colors,” according to TechCrunch. Its products retail in the $30 range. The company has collaborated with a variety of well-known names, from Mercedes-Benz to the Los Angeles Lakers.
Hawkers expects its 2017 revenue to reach $168 million. Co-founder Paco Pérez says the firm is turning a profit.
How will Hawkers use the millions it raised? Plans call for expanding in Europe, launching “physical concept stores in key locations” and conducting more research and development.
Crowdfund Insider notes that last year, Hawkers sought Kickstarter funding to help it expand into North America.
Hawkers Co. expects its 2017 revenue to reach $168 million. Shown here: Lakers X Hawkers, purple, $30.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners