The stores sell contacts and frames.
1-800 Contacts is trying out the world of brick-and-mortar through its new Lumen Optical stores in the Chicago area. Lumen’s latest store is in Mount Prospect, IL, the Daily Herald reports.
A store opened earlier this year in Kildeer, IL, and was “the first store to be opened nationally by 1-800-Contacts,” SW Lake Lifestyle reported.
Country magazine, meanwhile, reported in October that Lumen “will expand to Evanston and other surrounding cities in the near future.”
Lumen offers comprehensive eye exams for $79 and sells a variety of frame brands, including Oakley, Burberry and Gucci. It sells contact lenses, as well. Country magazine reports: “Trying on glasses at Lumen Optical feels like visiting a high-end boutique, but with a less painful price point.”
Lumen Optical’s website states that the company is “powered by 1 800 Contacts.”
1-800 Contacts previously ventured into the brick-and-mortar retail world through a partnership with Wal-Mart Stores Inc. That relationship ended in 2012.
Read more at the Daily Herald
Read more at SW Lake Lifestyle
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says