Inductees will be honored in June.
Do you know someone who belongs in the National Optometry Hall of Fame?
Optometry Cares – The AOA Foundation announced that applications are now being accepted for the 2017 awards. The nomination forms are available online.
The inductees will be honored at a ceremony and reception as part of Optometry’s Meeting, held June 21-25 in Washington, DC.
The National Optometry Hall of Fame “recognizes individuals whose dedicated service, lifetime achievement and enduring lifetime contributions have advanced the profession of optometry.”
Individuals may be nominated in one of two categories: “Academia” or “Private Practice/Federal Service.”
You can view full eligibility requirements and criteria here.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs
- University Considers Adding Optometry Program
- Competitor Drops Challenge to Kering Eyewear's 'Made in Italy' Labeling
- A Common Food Could Protect Against Key Cause of Vision Loss