And the dates are out for next year's meeting.
This year’s American Academy of Optometry annual meeting held in Anaheim, CA, drew a record crowd of 7,720 registrants.
The figure represents a 3 percent increase in attendance over 2015 attendance, according to a press release. The event was held Nov. 9 to 12.
Among the registrants, 4,379 were optometrists and vision scientists and 1,593 were students. At the meeting, 267 new Fellows were inducted into the American Academy of Optometry, and 5 individuals were awarded Diplomate status.
According to the release: “Attendees engaged in high-quality learning, experienced new products and technologies in a packed Exhibit Hall, and met the optometrists and vision scientists who are not only conducting the research, but also bringing the results to their clinics and practices.”
Academy 2017 is scheduled for Oct. 11-14 in Chicago.
Read the full press release
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder