This survey examines small-business confidence.
A new survey suggests that 81 percent of small retailers believe this holiday season “will be a success” for their business.
The survey of small businesses with under 100 employees was conducted in November by loan service Lendio.
The survey also found that 87 percent of respondents were confident in their preparations for the season. About 30 percent were not confident, and their biggest reason was lack of capital.
According to Lendio: “Only 27% of small business retailers reported not needing additional financing for the holiday season, with 81 percent saying they only need $50,000 or less.”
The two most prevalent uses for extra capital were building inventory and advertising. The top source that survey respondents would consider for capital was a credit line.
Lendio also looked at how small businesses were coping with stress. Increasing caffeine consumption, sacrificing personal needs and planning a vacation were some of the top methods.
Read more from Lendio
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says