They are looking for variety, confirms survey.
Forty percent of online eyeglass purchasers are so-called “millennials,” according to a new survey. But if you’re going to buy in your store, retailers need to remember that comfort, practicality and even price are less important to the young-uns than style. “Optical brands should consider allowing Generation Y to customize lenses in brand, color, fit and more,” says the report. “Retailers should have the latest designer brands on hand to appeal to the millennial consumer.” Interesting side note: Only 16 percent of millennials shop at an optometrist for eyewear, just slightly more than buy at Walmart.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud