They are looking for variety, confirms survey.
Forty percent of online eyeglass purchasers are so-called “millennials,” according to a new survey. But if you’re going to buy in your store, retailers need to remember that comfort, practicality and even price are less important to the young-uns than style. “Optical brands should consider allowing Generation Y to customize lenses in brand, color, fit and more,” says the report. “Retailers should have the latest designer brands on hand to appeal to the millennial consumer.” Interesting side note: Only 16 percent of millennials shop at an optometrist for eyewear, just slightly more than buy at Walmart.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says