They are looking for variety, confirms survey.
Forty percent of online eyeglass purchasers are so-called “millennials,” according to a new survey. But if you’re going to buy in your store, retailers need to remember that comfort, practicality and even price are less important to the young-uns than style. “Optical brands should consider allowing Generation Y to customize lenses in brand, color, fit and more,” says the report. “Retailers should have the latest designer brands on hand to appeal to the millennial consumer.” Interesting side note: Only 16 percent of millennials shop at an optometrist for eyewear, just slightly more than buy at Walmart.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder