The change takes effect in January.
Silver Dollar Optical, an eyewear wholesaler based in Oneonta, NY, is changing its name.
As of the beginning of January, the company will be known as SD EYES.
The change reflects the fact that over the past several years, the company has developed more diverse product offerings and a more dynamic marketing presentation, President Dan Bliss told INVISION.
“We simply feel that SD EYES represents the evolution of our brand and visual identity to better reflect the values of fashion, craft and service that we’ve worked hard to develop over the past three decades,” he said.
Established in 1982, the firm distributes nine brands, including Cafe Lunettes, Cafe Boutique and Club Level Designs.
Bliss, who started with the company as a salesman, bought Silver Dollar in 2008.
Today the company employs 42 people at its Oneonta offices and also maintains a nationwide sales force.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says