While e-commerce is the company’s mainstay, instore sales have been brisk.
Online eyewear king Warby Parker is touting the sale of its millionth pair of eyeglasses since 2010 – and half of them were sold in the past year. While e-commerce accounts for most of WP’s sales, a company exec says he’s been “blown away” by the action at the company’s five freestanding shops. Co-CEO Dave Gilboa also notes that the frames’ low cost helps purchasers “think of them as a fashion accessory, and we have seen that…a growing percentage of our customers are buying multiple pairs.” And, “multiple” can be 20 to 30 per year.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners