Classic ad campaign used numerous stars of the ‘60s.
What DeBeers (“A diamond is forever”) is to jewelry, Foster Grant is to eyewear: Originator of their industry’s most memorable advertising tagline. “While Ray-Ban may be today's brand synonym for shades,” reports Advertising Age, “back in the day, there was one sunglasses king, and his name was Foster Grant.” The 85-year-old company debuted its “Who’s Behind those Foster Grants?” campaign in 1965, featuring a marquee-load of the era’s famous faces (Raquel Welch, Peter Sellers, Carroll Baker, Louis Jordan, Claudia Cardinale, Woody Allen, Vanessa Redgrave). Ad Age has named the campaign 66th on its list of the best of all time.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners