It hit her suddenly.
Gretchen Denslow, a former medical malpractice defense attorney who became a stay-at-home mother, had been planning her new optical shop for months — years, even — and the timing was finally right.
But she still needed a name, the Tulsa World explains.
Then it hit her suddenly: Eye Candy Eyewear.
“It was like I hit the mother lode,” Denslow said.
Soon she was in business. The store, which has an optician and an optometrist, opened in late November in Tulsa, OK.
She strives to make the store a destination both for its relaxed atmosphere and its selection of products.
“Tom Ford and Prada are the only name brands we have — everything else is independent,” she told the Tulsa World.
Denslow, the daughter of an ophthalmologist, finds herself better suited to this line of work, which lets her express her creativity. She found her old career as a lawyer stressful.
"I just never could find a passion for it," she said. "I wanted to, but I just never could."
Read more at the Tulsa World
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear