OD recommends asking the right questions.
Patients are having more trouble with their contact lenses than they admit to, according to panelists at last week’s meeting of the American Optometric Association – and that may be because optometrists are not asking the right questions. David Kading recommended that ODs ask their patients to rate their lens comfort at various points of the day, as well as at the beginning of the wear cycle vs. the end. “We have to be optometrists,” he said, “not lens salesmen.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners