OD recommends asking the right questions.
Patients are having more trouble with their contact lenses than they admit to, according to panelists at last week’s meeting of the American Optometric Association – and that may be because optometrists are not asking the right questions. David Kading recommended that ODs ask their patients to rate their lens comfort at various points of the day, as well as at the beginning of the wear cycle vs. the end. “We have to be optometrists,” he said, “not lens salesmen.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says