It’s staffed with ODs and opticians.
Walgreens is experimenting with an in-store vision clinic in Chicago.
Licensed optometrists and opticians are providing eye examinations at a flagship store on Michigan Avenue, the Chicago Tribune reports.
The vision professionals work for a third party, but Walgreens is not providing details on the firm, according to the newspaper.
The clinic, located on the second floor of the store, opened last month. It's a pilot project, and based on its results, the drugstore chain will decide whether to open vision clinics in additional stores.
By opening a vision clinic, Deerfield, IL-based Walgreens joins the ranks of other retailers such as Costco and CVS Health who offer similar services, the Tribune notes.
Read more at the Chicago Tribune
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud