Conference speaker urges wider use of internet.
A recent gathering of optometrists in the UK heard one of their own push for increased use of social media in their practices. Dr. Trusit Dave said practitioners should use social media “listening” technologies to monitor and respond to tweets relating to a range of eye care issues by searching for key words, such as “vision,” “contact lenses” and “laser treatment.” Dave also outlines simple steps to increase the potential for new contact fits by using targeted email blasts to existing patients.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners