LVMH could strengthen its control of eyewear production.
LVMH plans to acquire a stake in Italy-based eyewear producer Marcolin, Reuters reports.
The stake could amount to as much as 10 percent, according to the news service, which cited a source close to the matter.
Reuters quoted the source saying, "LVMH, like other luxury groups, has decided to strengthen its control over eyewear production and is working on a production agreement with Marcolin."
LVMH is a Paris-based luxury goods conglomerate. Marcolin is held by PAI partners, a private equity group.
If the deal happens, it could mean that LVMH is seeking to "integrate vertically in the eyewear business," said Luca Solca, an analyst at Exane BNP Paribas, according to Reuters.
Read more at Reuters
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says