The sport is a good way to develop perseverance, she says.
So what has Pennsylvania OD Gwen Amos been up to since her bout with ovarian cancer five years ago? Oh well, you know, playing the drums, running marathons, volunteering in Nepal, and studying to be an EMT. Oh, and scrimmaging with former members of the Philadelphia Flyers ice hockey team. “People who play hockey can appreciate their talent and perseverance to a greater extent than people who don’t play,” says Amos, 51.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners