The suspects burglarized a warehouse.
About $400,000 worth of merchandise was stolen from a sunglasses company.
Thieves took the sunwear from a warehouse in Irvine, CA, the Orange County Register reports. The firm that was burglarized has only been identified as a "high-end sunglasses company" in media reports.
The theft occurred at about 7 a.m. Saturday.
Police spokeswoman Kim Mohr was quoted saying the suspects "drove a white van into the roll-up door and used a crowbar to force entry into the warehouse." The three men were caught on surveillance camera, and their license-plate number was visible.
The van was stolen, police said.
Authorities said the thieves also burglarized a firm that produces laptop computers, headsets and other equipment.
Read more at Orange County Register
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear