The firm describes itself as a "rapid-growth challenger."
Mondottica Group announced that it is aquiring French eyewear manufacturer and distributor Lunettes Yves Cogan.
Michael Jardine, founder and CEO of Mondottica, said in a press release: "We have known and respected Yves COGAN’s work for many years and are very pleased to have the company become a member of the Mondottica family."
With the acquisition, Mondottica "continues to strengthen its position as a rapid-growth challenger in the premium and luxury eyewear market," according to the release.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Business of Fashion reports that with the deal, Cogan will be able to grow its distribution internationally.
Mondottica, meanwhile, "now becomes a fully fledged manufacturing company," according to Business of Fashion. The company stated that the deal will enable it to "expand in the hyper-luxury segment through its dedicated business unit Brando, and also to provide further production and tech innovation capabilities to the group's new own-brand division, Spine Optics."
Read more at Fashion Network
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says
- Ex-Optical Worker Charged With Giving Away Eyewear