Hint: You’re probably wrong.
San Diego OD and optometry lecturer David I. Geffen – as opposed to Hollywood gazillionaire David L. Geffen – has crunched some numbers and come up with some interesting information about what he says is “the general feeling that the eyeglass patient is much more profitable than the contact lens patient.” Actually, he reports, the contact lens patient yields a long-term gross profit of $2,576, some 2.2 times the profit of the glasses-patient.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners