Woman blames budget shades for loss of an eye.
A woman in England is warning the public to avoid budget sunglasses following surgery that took her right eye. “Buying cheap sunglasses cost me my eye,” she says. “I want others to know the dangers.” The woman started to suffer with blurred vision and was eventually diagnosed with a malignant melanoma behind her right eye. She blames her eyewear. “I had scrimped on sunglasses … I bought cheap ones because they were trendy, but they didn’t protect my eyes at all.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says