Woman blames budget shades for loss of an eye.
A woman in England is warning the public to avoid budget sunglasses following surgery that took her right eye. “Buying cheap sunglasses cost me my eye,” she says. “I want others to know the dangers.” The woman started to suffer with blurred vision and was eventually diagnosed with a malignant melanoma behind her right eye. She blames her eyewear. “I had scrimped on sunglasses … I bought cheap ones because they were trendy, but they didn’t protect my eyes at all.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder