But things aren't all bad.
Finding and keeping good people is a challenge for business owners — and it's getting tougher.
The number of Americans quitting their jobs hit a 16-year high in January, Yahoo Finance reports. The rate was 2.2 percent, which amounted to a seasonally adjusted total of just over 3.2 million.
That's bad if you're a business owner who doesn't relish the thought of having to replace valuable workers. But it's potentially a good sign for the economy overall, as workers are "unlikely to quit a job unless they are confident they can get another one," Yahoo notes.
The data comes from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Several other recent reports have also suggested a positive outlook for the U.S. economy. For example, the National Federation of Independent Business found high levels of optimism among small business owners.
Read more at Yahoo Finance
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says