Many docs already use it, despite absence of FDA approval.
Many eye doctors reportedly have used Betadine for years to treat pink eye, but the pre-surgical solution has never been FDA-approved for that purpose. Researchers at the University of Alabama at Birmingham will seek a National Institutes of Health grant to test the Betadine pink eye treatment under laboratory conditions. At least one member of the team expects positive results: “I have used Betadine as a treatment for years and have seen complete resolution within 24 to 48 hours,” says Tammy Than, an associate professor in the School of Optometry.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- WestGroupe USA Names Sales Director for Central Region
- Eyewear Firm Claims Infringement by Christian Dior, Céline, LVMH
- Women Wearing Color Contacts Feel Happier, More Attractive, Study Finds
- Bausch & Lomb Should Stop Making Certain Claims, Ad Monitor Says
- Eye Health Group Named One of 7 'Top Charities'