Committee chairman again questions pricing policy of four major manufacturers.
Although Congress adjourned for the summer shortly after a hearing on the matter by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee, hearing chairman Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) says that the investigation into contact-lens-pricing will continue. “When three of the four major manufacturers that control 90 percent of the market change to a vastly different pricing policy, it is the role of the Antitrust Subcommittee to question this policy on behalf of the public,” says the Senator.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says