Committee chairman again questions pricing policy of four major manufacturers.
Although Congress adjourned for the summer shortly after a hearing on the matter by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Antitrust Subcommittee, hearing chairman Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) says that the investigation into contact-lens-pricing will continue. “When three of the four major manufacturers that control 90 percent of the market change to a vastly different pricing policy, it is the role of the Antitrust Subcommittee to question this policy on behalf of the public,” says the Senator.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder