AOS President seeks member input on plan.
The American Optometric Association has called for optometry to work toward an independent continuing education accrediting body. David A. Cockrell, OD, AOA president, sent a letter to organization members to inform them of the situation and ask for their help. Cockrell noted in the letter that while the AOA has spoken with the Association of Regulatory Boards of Optometry (ARBO) regarding continuing education and a reviewing system, "there is widespread agreement on the need for an effective new process.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says