Layoffs have already begun.
The Davis Vision plant in Nassau County, NY, will close its doors this month, Newsday reports.
As the laboratory on Long Island is shuttered after more than three decades in operation, 151 workers will lose their jobs.
The closure is slated for May 21, but layoffs have already begun, according to The Associated Press.
Davis Vision, headquartered in San Antionio, TX, is a subsidiary of HVHC Inc. HVHC also owns Visionworks of America.
The Associated Press reports that HVHC also has manufacturing operations in Syracuse, NY, as well as in Texas and Pennsylvania.
Read more at Newsday
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud