“I like being able to see,” says Texas Governor.
Texas Governor Rick Perry opens up about his now-trademark new eyeglasses with a reporter for The Atlantic, admitting that “there’s a certain amount of people out there who say, ‘He got the glasses to change his appearance.’ I don’t know whether it changed my appearance or not, but I’m pretty comfortable. I like being able to see.” After his 2012 White House race, Perry says a specialist diagnosed him with pre-retinal fibrosis, giving him a choice of surgery or glasses.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- 1-800 Contacts to Expand Into Rx Glasses with Acquisition
- Report: Luxottica-Essilor Deal to Get 'Unconditional' Approval in Europe
- Solar Eclipse Burns Crescent Shape Into Woman's Eye
- New Optometry School to Open Within 5 Years, Enroll 70 Students
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud