“I like being able to see,” says Texas Governor.
Texas Governor Rick Perry opens up about his now-trademark new eyeglasses with a reporter for The Atlantic, admitting that “there’s a certain amount of people out there who say, ‘He got the glasses to change his appearance.’ I don’t know whether it changed my appearance or not, but I’m pretty comfortable. I like being able to see.” After his 2012 White House race, Perry says a specialist diagnosed him with pre-retinal fibrosis, giving him a choice of surgery or glasses.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners