Pre-sale estimate is $10,000-$15,000.
A pair of inexpensive steel-framed reading glasses purchased by Abraham Lincoln slightly less than a year before his assassination in 1865 is among the featured items in an online auction of presidential memorabilia coming up on Sept. 17. The glasses come with a note of authenticity from Franklin & Co. Opticians in Washington DC and are expected to fetch between $10,000 and $15,000. The auction record for Honest Abe’s specs is $424,000 for the opera glasses he was wearing on the night of his death.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says