Hmmm, why not sell them cheaper?
Warby Parker cofounder Dave Gilboa explained in a recent newspaper interview how it was he came to create the hugely successful online retailer in 2010. “I had decided to go back to business school — got into Wharton. Before starting, I took a few months off to travel. When I was travelling, I lost my glasses in Thailand. They had cost me $700. So I showed up to the first day of school without owning a pair of glasses, even though I was a full-time student. I went my whole first semester without owning a pair of glasses and would complain to anyone who would listen about why glasses were so expensive.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says