Hmmm, why not sell them cheaper?
Warby Parker cofounder Dave Gilboa explained in a recent newspaper interview how it was he came to create the hugely successful online retailer in 2010. “I had decided to go back to business school — got into Wharton. Before starting, I took a few months off to travel. When I was travelling, I lost my glasses in Thailand. They had cost me $700. So I showed up to the first day of school without owning a pair of glasses, even though I was a full-time student. I went my whole first semester without owning a pair of glasses and would complain to anyone who would listen about why glasses were so expensive.”
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder