Man who helped rescued teens from drowning lost his specs in the water.
A Utah man was among several bystanders who rescued three teenagers trapped in an SUV that crashed and landed upside down in a river in Salt Lake City last week. In true hero fashion, Leo Montoya shrugged off his dive into the water – “I just reacted” – but he confessed to a local TV news crew that the action cost him a pair of eyeglasses he couldn’t afford to replace. Local store Eyecare for Kids stepped in and provided Montoya with an eye exam and a new pair of glasses for free. There is video of the rescue – and another of the glasses-presentation.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says