It’s designed for the hard of hearing.
A new eyewear design seeks to help the hard of hearing by representing sound visually.
The concept borrows from the world of video games, particular those of the shooter variety, Mashable reports. The idea is that when sound is coming from a particular direction, a light will flash from that direction in your field of vision. (In video games, you often see such lights when an enemy is shooting at you.)
Students at the Singapore University of Technology and Design have created an accessory called Peri to accomplish this. It clips onto your glasses.
Future iterations of the device may be smaller and "better at picking out sound alerts in noisy environments," Mashable reports.
Read more at Mashable
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says