The firm's products are sold in 30 countries.
Mondo Group subsidiary Brando has acquired Sydney, Australia-based eyewear company Sunday Somewhere, the Italian-language Fashion Network reports.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed in the article.
With the acquisition, Brando takes on both the customer base and the staff of Sunday Somewhere, which produces sunwear and optical frames. Sunday Somewhere was formed six years ago and is sold in 30 countries, according to Fashion Network.
Brando is an "ultra-luxury" eyewear divison of Mondottica whose brands include Yohji Yamamoto, Serge Kirchhofer and Philippe Chevalier.
Read more at Fashion Network (Italian language)
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Eye Doctor Could Spend Decades in Prison for $100M Medicare Fraud
- Optical Firm to Invest $27M in Distribution Center, Create 223 Jobs
- University Considers Adding Optometry Program
- Competitor Drops Challenge to Kering Eyewear's 'Made in Italy' Labeling
- A Common Food Could Protect Against Key Cause of Vision Loss