She's accused of theft.
A former employee of Lakeside Vision in Pennsylvania is accused of theft for allegedly giving away eyewear.
Barbara Tyson is accused of providing eyeglasses and contacts gratis to family and friends, WNEP-TV reports.
Authorities say the theft amounted to about $18,000 over several years. However, only about two-thirds of that amount falls under the statute of limitations, according to WNEP.
Hawley faces in excess of two dozen charges. She has been fired from the practice, which is in the Lake Wallenpaupack area.
Police say she admitted to her employer that she provided eyewear to an electrician in exchange for work done at her residence.
Read more at WNEP-TV
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- CEO Named for LVMH-Marcolin Joint Venture
- Opternative Files Suit Against Warby Parker
- Gymnastics World Champion Shows Just How Cool Eyeglasses Can Be
- Essilor Announces New Achievement on Path to Luxottica Merger
- Time to Boost Eyecare Efforts Amid 'New Era of Blindness and Visual Impairment,' Group Says