Focus will be on runway partnerships.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America, which gives away annual awards much coveted by the fashion industry, has created a new group, the Eyewear Designers of the CFDA, which aims to boost the profile of the eyewear sector. The Eyewear Designers of the CFDA will focus on runway partnerships or ready-to-wear collaborations; a CFDA press day for eyewear designers will make its debut next year. The Eyewear Designers of the CFDA are: Robert Marc, Selima Optique’s Selima Salaun, L.A. Eyeworks’ Barbara McReynolds and Gai Gherardi, Focus Group West’s Blake Kuwahara, Optical Affairs’ Christian Roth, Illesteva’s Daniel Silberman, Leisure Society’s Shane Baum, Grey Ant’s Natalie Levy and Grant Krajecki, Oliver Peoples’ Larry Leight and Barton Perreira’s Patty Perreira.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners