Focus will be on runway partnerships.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America, which gives away annual awards much coveted by the fashion industry, has created a new group, the Eyewear Designers of the CFDA, which aims to boost the profile of the eyewear sector. The Eyewear Designers of the CFDA will focus on runway partnerships or ready-to-wear collaborations; a CFDA press day for eyewear designers will make its debut next year. The Eyewear Designers of the CFDA are: Robert Marc, Selima Optique’s Selima Salaun, L.A. Eyeworks’ Barbara McReynolds and Gai Gherardi, Focus Group West’s Blake Kuwahara, Optical Affairs’ Christian Roth, Illesteva’s Daniel Silberman, Leisure Society’s Shane Baum, Grey Ant’s Natalie Levy and Grant Krajecki, Oliver Peoples’ Larry Leight and Barton Perreira’s Patty Perreira.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says