Average salary rose nearly $14,000 for the year.
A report from career-information expert Laurence Shatkin shows a median annual salary increase of nearly $14,000 for optometrists in 2014, to $111,640 from $97,820 the previous year. On a scale devised by Shatkin, optometrists ranked as among the lowest-stress professions. Optometry placed 17th among all professions for its combination of high salary and low stress.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder