Average salary rose nearly $14,000 for the year.
A report from career-information expert Laurence Shatkin shows a median annual salary increase of nearly $14,000 for optometrists in 2014, to $111,640 from $97,820 the previous year. On a scale devised by Shatkin, optometrists ranked as among the lowest-stress professions. Optometry placed 17th among all professions for its combination of high salary and low stress.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- US Small Businesses Eye Expansion Despite Concerns About Economy
- National Sunglasses Day Is Almost Here
- The Stomach-Churning Truth About Counterfeit Contact Lenses
- Online Eye Tests 'Subvert Care,' AOA Says
- Varsity Healthcare Partners and Harvest Partners Announce Recapitalization of EyeCare Services Partners