Average salary rose nearly $14,000 for the year.
A report from career-information expert Laurence Shatkin shows a median annual salary increase of nearly $14,000 for optometrists in 2014, to $111,640 from $97,820 the previous year. On a scale devised by Shatkin, optometrists ranked as among the lowest-stress professions. Optometry placed 17th among all professions for its combination of high salary and low stress.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says