Public backlash and new research cloud the future.
The future of Google Glass may not be quite as rosy as expected when the product was announced a year ago. According to a recent survey by Juniper Research report says that shipments are unlikely to total more than 10 million per year until 2018. “Smart glasses are doomed to stay a niche product,” says a tech website. On the heels of this report, researchers are suggesting that Glass may obstruct peripheral vision.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Most Small Businesses Would Have No Idea What to Do If Hacked
- This Works Better Than Patching to Treat Lazy Eye, Scientists Say
- Opticians Association of America to Hold Conference in February
- It’s Way Easier to Get a Small-Business Loan These Days — But There’s a Catch
- Cheap Sunglasses Need Warning Labels, Insurer Says