Public backlash and new research cloud the future.
The future of Google Glass may not be quite as rosy as expected when the product was announced a year ago. According to a recent survey by Juniper Research report says that shipments are unlikely to total more than 10 million per year until 2018. “Smart glasses are doomed to stay a niche product,” says a tech website. On the heels of this report, researchers are suggesting that Glass may obstruct peripheral vision.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder