Company is on the hunt for acquisitions abroad.
The world’s biggest maker of eyeglass lenses, Essilor will get a good deal bigger in the next year, as it commits as much as $1.2 billion to acquisitions in emerging markets such as China, India and Latin America. “We have a significant list of potential deals,” says a company exec, predicting that China will become Essilor’s top market in as early as five years.
The Latest Orbit Headlines
- Q&A: INVISION's Dee Carroll Talks About Eyewear Trends and the Buying Experience
- LVMH and Marcolin Are Planning a Major Deal, Report Says
- Bausch + Lomb Patent Was Violated, Court Finds
- Here's How Small-Business Owners Feel About Repealing Obamacare
- Luxottica-Essilor Deal Solves Key Issue for Founder